About the Course
Studies have shown that most people only understand about 25% of the data which they received. To improve on this figure you need to be an ‘active listener’. ‘Active listening’ is how to listen and respond to another person which aims to improve mutual understanding. Often when people talk to each other, they cannot listen attentively. They are often distracted, half listening, half thinking, about something else. This course improves your ability to listen ‘actively’ and respond in such a way that the speaker knows you are listening and understanding. It is a highly practical course to ensure making a change outside the training setting.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of benefit to anyone who wants to improve their communication skills, as it:
- focuses people to ‘actively listen’ attentively to others
- helps people to avoid misunderstandings and misinterpretation
- shows people the way to confirm what the speaker has said to ensure the right message is getting through
- develops your concentration and understanding skills
- helps you to develop good relationships between people
By the end of this course you will be able to acquire:
- skills that will help you not only at work, but also in your everyday life in general
- practical ways to keep your brain focused and alarmed, so you really listen, and not just ‘hear’
- the chance to develop positive relationships with others because of the full attention you give to other people
- Introduction to communication
- How a message flows
- The role of listening in communication
- Poor Listening vs Good Listening
- Factors that hinder good listening
- Listening distractions
- What is ‘Active Listening’?
- The effects of not listening properly
- What are the skill sets of an active listener?
- Active Listening methodology
- Communication behaviors for active listening
- Body language
- Being empathetic
- Questioning techniques
- Confirming the message
- Paraphrasing / summarizing
- How to implement the learning back in the workplace
Course Duration: 2 Days
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||28th – 29th January 2014|
|Date:||14th – 15th February 2014|
|Date:||9th – 10th April 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,110.00which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings