About the Course
This course focuses on creating a structure for account management personnel to develop a strategy to manage those critical relationships that ensure business success. This leads on to looking at the operational processes required to ensure effective account management, and good working relationships between both parties. Techniques for increasing the penetration throughout the depth and breadth of the account are covered. In addition, the key issues of handling meetings, negotiations, building buyer needs, and understanding emotional influencers which motivate people to buy for different reasons, are also examined and discussed. The course is practical in nature, and includes numerous exercises that give delegates the opportunity to reflect on how the material relates to their existing accounts, and ideas to formulate actions to achieve successful account management.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for experienced salespeople who are managing key accounts or regional business relationships. It is important that those attending have already completed professional sales training, as this course is focused on developing relationships and strategies to support existing sales techniques.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Gain a clearly defined, timely, and dynamic approach to the planning process, not just for the present, but more importantly, for the future
- Have an insight into the key strategic and operational processes, as well as the marketing principles, that will enable delegates to understand the importance of getting the account strategy right
- Obtain techniques for building the best relationships with Key Accounts
Course Duration: 3 days
- What is key account management?
- How do we define a key account?
- The ladder of goodwill
- What measurements do we use to identify a key account
- The 80-20 rule
- Life time values of a key account
- The skills of a key account manager
- Situational analysis
- Developing major account strategies
- Strategy matrix
- Planning gap analysis
- Situational analysis overview
- Analyzing where you are now
- Where you want to be: positioning statement
- Who are the people you need to influence?
- Understanding customer needs
- Knowing our key accounts
- The client needs pyramid
- Hierarchy of client needs
- Defining customer needs
- Asking the right questions
- Ways to identify customer needs & expectations
- Managing expectations
- Taking ownership
- Customer needs & marketing
- What is marketing?
- Marketing & selling
- The marketing mix framework
- The product life cycle
- Bringing it all together
- Unique selling points (usps)
- Building best relationships
- Building a partnership
- Knowing how to develop relationships
- Building best relationships (continued)
- Celebrating success
- Meetings with clients
- Preparing for meetings
- Using the agenda to your advantage
- Key items to be covered in account meetings
- Principles of negotiation
- Key phases
- Trading variables
- Rules for successful negotiation
- Designing & presenting winning proposals
- Staying motivated
- Your way forward
- Developing your potential
- The right mental attitude
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||23rd – 25thFebruary 2014|
|Date:||15th – 17th April 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 3,165.00 which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings