About the Course
This course provides key insights into the essentials of marketing in a clear, simplistic manner that conveys a comprehensive understanding of how the elements of ‘the marketing mix’ are used to build a competitive advantage. It explains the difference between ‘marketing’ and ‘selling’, and highlights the skills required to be a successful marketer. The course offers many ideas for developing creative and innovative marketing solutions. Through the use of various analytical tools, participants will gain an insight into how to develop an effective marketing plan for their own product / company. A full set of customised marketing activities will create a deeper thinking of marketing strategy development, and implementation, which participants can bring back to their own organization.
Who Should Attend?
All new marketing personnel, as well as professionals in career transition, moving into a marketing role. This course is ideal for all marketers looking to gain a clear understanding of the core concepts of marketing, and how they can apply them in today’s changing business world.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the art of marketing and the impact of marketing strategies
- Be aware of New approaches to marketing and how they will link to achieving the company’s overall strategic objectives
- Draft your marketing plan to take back and implement at work
Course Duration: 2 days
- What is marketing?
- The difference between sales & marketing
- Defining the marketing mix
- Defining the product
- Marketing objectives
- What is strategy?
- Organizational mission & corporate objectives
- Situation analysis
- Marketing environment
- Micro & macro issues
- The consumer
- Customer focus
- Types of buyers
- The buying decision process
- The market
- Defining the market
- Market segmentation
- Market research
- Types of market research
- Sampling methods
- Product – service positioning
- Gap analysis
- The product lifecycle
- Effects of extension strategies
- Product portfolio
- Extended boston consulting matrix
- Competitive forces
- Competitive positions
- Competitive strategy
- Ansoff’s matrix strategies
- Porter’s generic forces
- U.s.p.’s (competitive advantage / unique selling proposition / points)
- Developing the right marketing mix
- The product
- Sequence for new product development
- Time adoption of innovations
- Reasons why products fail
- ‘what is a brand?’
- the branding process
- Review of the marketing mix
- Some reasons for international failures
- Forecasting & financial analysis
- Market sales potential & forecasting
- Cost benefit analysis
- Marketing budget
- Strategy vs tactics
- Evaluating success
- Controlling & evaluating
- Measuring success using metrics
- The marketing plan
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||26th – 27th January 2014|
|Date:||16th – 17th March 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,110.00which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings