About the Course
Successful secretaries and administrators often require many of the same skills as senior staff in an organization. They are often the person in charge of the organization’s correspondence. They are very often the first point of contact for visitors. Therefore they must display a highly professional image at all times. The role of being a professional secretary or administrator requires: excellent office skills, accurate filing, preparing for meetings, dealing with people, both on the telephone and face-to-face, exceptional interpersonal abilities, and first class business writing and communication skills. This course covers all of these, and more.
Who Should Attend?
Those who are in a secretarial or administrative position, and who wish to improve their skills, or those who are about to be appointed to such a position.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Get the practical skills and knowledge to improve the overall administration within your office, or organization
- Have a clear understanding of what makes a good secretary or administrator
- Plan and prioritize time and activities
- Obtain effective communication skills to deal successfully with colleagues and customers
Course Duration: 2 days
- Your secretarial & administrative role
- Developing a professional image
- Professional appearance
- Timekeeping & punctuality
- Introduction to office ethics
- What is stress?
- Stress busting techniques
- Body language, words, & tone of voice
- Active listening
- Questioning for clarity
- How to improve written business communication
- Telephone skills
- How to deal with callers professionally
- Telephone etiquette
- The ‘do’s & ‘do not’s of answering the telephone
- Saying ‘no’ constructively
- How to effectively handle your boss
- Planning & prioritizing
- Managing your key result areas & tasks
- Effective filing systems
- Identifying different methods of filing & selecting the best one
- How to ensure the effectiveness of your filing systems
- Basic finance
- Managing petty cash systems
- Stock control & stationery
- Managing stationery supplies & stock
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||26th – 27th January 2014|
|Date:||12th – 13th February 2014|
|Date:||30th – 31th March 2014|
|Date:||27th – 28th April 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,110.00 which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings