About the Course
Successful teams are created when team leaders provide a sense of purpose, create an environment where team members are motivated and challenged, and where individuals feel their strengths are capitalised on. Leaders create a sense of ‘uniqueness’, which distinctly separates their team from others. Effective communication is central to this success. On this two-day course delegates explore.
Key principles and techniques in a risk-free environment that will help them develop a winning formula with their teams.
Who Should Attend?
This course mainly targets Managers, Supervisors, and Team Leaders who hold the responsibility for building and maintaining effective teams in the work environment.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the leadership principles and techniques that build strong teams
- Get an insight into the behaviors of successful team leaders
- Have self-awareness of your own management style
- Well understand team dynamics and how teams are formed
- Be aware of team roles and how they influence team performance
- discover your preferred team role and its influence on your team’s performance
- learn about the main and necessary processes of effective team communication
- learn the key techniques for dealing with difficult people
Course Duration: 1 Day
- Leadership expectations and failure reasons
- Tasks and functions of team leaders
- Qualities of good leaders
- What is my leadership style?
- What motivates people?
- Delegation within teams
- What is effective communication?
- Barriers to effective team communication
- Is the message sent and actually received?
- Giving instructions (the 5 ‘c’s of communication)
- Active listening
- Dealing with difficult people
- Giving and receiving feedback to and from your team
- Formation of a perfect team
- Team roles
- Working with multi-cultural teams
- Team roles and how they can make, or break, your team
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings