The one day course is designed for participants authorized to enter confined spaces. It provides participants with knowledge so that they are aware of safety issues related to confined spaces.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for individuals who work in confined spaces.
A comprehensive training course which covers the following modules:
- Introduction to Confined Space
- Specific Risks Associated with Confined Space
- How Can You Identify A Confined Space?
- The Dangers Associated with Confined Spaces
- What are the Hazards Involved in Entering and Working in Confined Spaces?
- Testing the Atmosphere
- Purging and Ventilation
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Emergency Arrangements and Procedures
- What Issues Should be managed for Confined Space Entry?
- Planning an Entry into Confined Spaces
Course Duration and Assessment
The training is one day
Participants are evaluated through Instructor observation of the reasonable performance of skills. Performance and written evaluations are available and optional for use.
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.