About the course
Train the Trainer course prepares candidates to become MEDIC First Aid Instructors. The training process includes practicing the step by step requirements for delivery of a one day basic MEDIC First Aid Course. This is particularly useful for individuals who wish to become MEDIC First Aid Instructors or those wishing to do refresher training.
Who should register for this course?
This course is suitable for individuals who have had prior first aid training and want to advance to the next level.
The contents of the course include the following modules:
- The MEDIC FIRST AID Difference
- MEDIC FIRST AID Training Philosophies
- Medical Source Authorities
- MEDIC FIRST AID’s Integrated Learning Model
- Adult Learning Principles
- MEDIC FIRST AID Training Programs
- Role of the Instructor
- MEDIC FIRST AID Training Materials
- Introduction to the Instructor Guide
- Using Instructional Pages
- Showing Program Video Segments
- Referring to Student Guide Pages
- Performing Real-Time Demonstrations
- Facilitating a Small-Group Practice
- Observing Reasonable Performance
- Accommodating Slow Learners or Difficult Students
- Facilitating Talk-Through Scenarios
- Facilitating Performance Evaluations
- Facilitating Written Knowledge Reviews
Course Duration and Assessment
The training is for 3 days and on successful completion of the course participants will receive an accredited MEDIC First Aid International Certificate.
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.