About the Course
This three-day course allows participants to see clearly how offices can be run efficiently and effectively. By developing management skills: focusing on leadership, effective communication, time management, recruitment, planning and organizing, office managers and senior level administrators can improve business processes. It will also improve procedures and internal systems, ensuring their organization is working at maximum capability.
Who Should Attend?
This course would ideally suit staff responsible for the planning and organizing of an office environment, and / or a team of people, e.g. Office managers or executive assistants. This course will provide new skills and develop confidence to be able to run a smoother operation, and manage a diverse team.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Gain the necessary leadership skills to manage a diverse team
- Be aware of different personalities and ways of effectively communicating with them, motivating, and empowering them
- Administratively manage an office
- Identify ways to schedule your time and prioritize your daily life
- Implement the tools and techniques of the course to increase your effectiveness and efficiency
Course Duration: 3 days
- Your role and responsibilities as the office manager
- Competencies of an office manager
- The office manager as a leader
- What is leadership?
- Traits of a business leader
- Management vs Leadership
- Challenges of leadership & strategies to deal with them
- Office ethics
- Examining company structures & organization charts
- Recruitment & selection:
- Job descriptions
- Competencies required for individual positions
- Interviewing techniques
- Office administration
- Office layout
- Health & safety
- Ensuring smooth office operations
- Dealing with paper flow
- Document management systems
- Policies & procedures
- Why they are important & how to communicate them effectively
- How to write them
- The planning process
- Setting objectives
- Brainstorming & mind mapping
- Time management
- Using technology in time management
- Prioritizing tasks by urgency & importance
- Identifying time wasters
- Dealing with interruptions
- Delegation techniques
- How & why do we communicate?
- Non-verbal communication
- Barriers to communication & overcoming them
- Gaining attention & ‘connecting with people’
- Powerful questioning & listening skills
- Email etiquette
- Understanding cultural differences
- Understanding different personalities & how to communicate with, motivate, & empower them
- Developing assertiveness techniques
- Dealing with difficult people & situations
- Managing conflict effectively
- Managing upwards
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings