About the Course
For most organizations, the most valuable resource is executive performance. The PA takes responsibility for much of the organization and coordination of an office. It is a task which calls for excellent planning skills, the ability to solve problems, tact, discretion, and very effective communication skills. The good PA makes an enormous contribution to executive effectiveness and requires numerous professional skills to be successful in this role.
Who Should Attend?
This course would ideally suit those currently working as a PA (Personal Assistant), or an Executive Secretary. It would also be beneficial for staff looking for promotion from an administrative role up to a more senior level.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Perfect PA
- Organize yourself, your boss, and your team
- Get a more proactive approach to the working day
- Identify the fundamentals of time management
- Develop amethod of planning and prioritizing your workload
- Have improved communication for dealing with colleagues and customers
- Have improved knowledge of working effectively with colleagues and your manager
- Determine the key elements of good business writing
- Set tips on how to arrange business travel
- Utilize the telephone correctly in your organization
Course Duration: 2 days
- Roles & responsibilities of a pa
- Skills & qualities of an effective pa
- The smooth running of the office
- Dealing with the in-tray
- Managing your filing
- Building effective relationships
- Understanding your boss
- Handling stressful or conflict situations at work
- Planning and organizing
- Some helpful tools for organizing your tasks
- The ‘bring forward’ file
- Analysing your priorities
- Creating a daily to-do list
- Managing interruptions
- Making travel arrangements
- An introduction to business writing
- Some tips for clear writing
- Beginnings & endings for business correspondence
- Telephone etiquette – the basics
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings