This two-day course is an excellent introduction to business writing skills. The course will give you clear guidelines and practice on how to write better internal and external formal correspondence. You will learn how to plan your writing carefully, and how to professionally structure different forms of business correspondence whether within your organization or with other organizations.
Who Should Attend?
This course targets people who wish to excel in communication. It is the ideal way to learn the basic skills of excellent written communication in the English language. It is both informative and practical, with excellent back-up course notes that form a valuable reference source for the future. It is a course that is completely up-to-date and fits everyone in the business field who has to communicate using the written language.
- Get a knowledge of the principles of effective business writing
- Have a clear understanding of formal business language
- Acquire the confidence in communicating using the written language
- Receive practical, ‘hands-on’ experience and supportive Trainer feedback
Training Duration: 2 Days
- The ten principles of business writing
- The four stages of writing (planning, drafting, writing, editing)
- Using mind maps & writing plans
- The five ‘w’s as a writing guide
- A framework for business communication
- Effective beginnings & endings of letters
- Correct use of punctuation & abbreviations
- Using commas & semicolons
- Rules for apostrophes
- Using the full stop for abbreviations
- Commonly used abbreviations
- Focus on grammar
- Using prepositions of time, place & movement (on, in, at, to)
- Definite & indefinite articles (the, an, a)
- Uncountable nouns
- Common verb tenses
- Formal & informal language
- Knowing the difference & when to use each one
- How to use plain & simple English
- Choosing the right communication channel
- Email etiquette
- Using the correct greeting & close
- Creating the right impression
- Being courteous
- Using the correct ‘tone of voice’ in your writing
- Writing external business correspondence
- Structure, style & layout of business emails, letters & faxes
- Writing internal correspondence
- Writing internal business emails, memos, messages & notices
- Proofreading practice & spelling tips
- End of course assessment & feedback session
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||Aug 24-25, 2016|
|Course Fee:||US$ 820.00 which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments (Discounts available for multiple bookings)|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.