About the Course
Training and re-training are now an essential part of the business strategy for all successful companies. Preparing and delivering top quality ‘on-the-job’ and ‘off-the-job’ training to meet organizational needs, is an essential skill for companies and organizations. This course will also prove valuable to In-Company trainers wanting to improve and update their training skills.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for people new to training, or those without any formal knowledge about the design and delivery of training courses. The course content focuses on the professional delivery of training to small groups in the workplace, rather than on one-to-one training skills.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the meaning and value of ‘effective training’
- Recognize certain tools / techniques to assist with your training delivery, so you can make an immediate start when you return to work
- Have the opportunity to design, practice and evaluate training sessions in a supportive and challenging environment
- Get a comprehensive knowledge of group training and practical skills, which will give you confidence in your ability to help people learn and develop
Course Duration: 3 days
- The learning organization
- Training effectiveness
- Justification for training
- A systematic approach to training
- Identifying training needs
- Conducting a training needs analysis
- How people learn
- The main ways of learning
- The importance of effective communication
- Use of questions in training
- Giving & receiving feedback
- Individual presentations
- Designing training
- Effective openings
- Writing clear training objectives
- Group dynamics
- Dealing with problem participants
- Group training techniques
- Activity-based learning
- Using visual aids to enhance training sessions
- Seating for success
- Preparation for day three
- Interactive training sessions to the group
- Stop – start – continue – what needs to be changed?
- Training evaluation
- How effective is your training?
- Kirkpatrick’s levels of training effectiveness
- Transfer of learning to the workplace
- Action planning
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings