About the Course
This one-day course is designed to be of highly practical value to delegates. At the end of the course, they will have the necessary skills to write Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for their organizations.
Who Should Attend?
Human Resource personnel, administration staff responsible for Human Resources, and / or line managers involved in staff appraisals, job evaluation, or other organizational changes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Have a practical experience in writing Job Descriptions and Person Specifications
- Get a guided understanding of the needs, components, and various uses of Job Descriptions and Person Specifications in the workplace
Course Duration: 1 day
- What is a job description?
- Effective job descriptions – background
- What is ‘job analysis’ & why is it important?
- The definitions used in job analysis
- The employee’s role in job analysis
- Creating a job description
- Guidelines for writing job descriptions
- What to include in a job description
- Job descriptions & recruitment
- What are ‘key / core competencies’?
- What is a ‘person specification’?
- The seven point plan
- Guided practice in writing job descriptions & person specifications, for your workplace
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings