About the Course
How can one person get someone to do something with ease, while it’s an uphill battle for someone else?
Bringing about the reaction you want from others and expanding your influence require insights that go beyond the actual process of influencing—and into the psychology of what truly prompts us to say yes or no.
This 2-day course explores these psychological triggers, plus how this knowledge may be used not just for compliance but for mutually desirable outcomes. You’ll uncover persuasion techniques that most people don’t even know exist and learn how to build your influence by applying these principles to any number of business interactions, from managing, mentoring and negotiating to conversations, writing and presentations. In addition, you will learn how to choose the best principle for any given situation and avoid being manipulated by others.
Who Should Attend?
Business professionals at a midlevel position and above who need to understand the psychological principles behind how people are convinced to do something, including sales managers, VP/directors of sales, account executives, project managers and product managers, purchasing managers and marketing managers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explore the psychology behind persuasion
- Understand the psychological/subconscious triggers that influence a person’s decision-making process, behaviors and reactions
- Select and customize the right law(s) of persuasion to apply in any situation
- Learn tactics to protect yourself from unethical behavior
- Prepare to influence an individual by using the Pre-Persuasion Checklist
Course Duration: 1 day
- The psychological foundation to the laws of persuasion
- Differentiating the psychology of persuasion from the process of influencing
- The relationship of triggers to the laws of persuasion/influence
- Defining the two paths of persuasion—conscious and subconscious
- Using the Pre-Persuasion Checklist to determine the appropriate law(s) of persuasion for a given business situation
- Applying the laws of persuasion back on the job
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings