About the Course
You will explore how to maintain technical expertise while demonstrating the right type of leadership. This seminar will give you the personal, interpersonal and group skills to be influential in one-on-one situations, facilitate group performance and become an effective leader.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors who attend this seminar will receive the supervisor training necessary to develop the individual, group and one-on-one leadership skills to keep up with evolving management roles and responsibilities.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Develop interpersonal skills that help you communicate, listen and handle conflicts
- Become more effective at influencing others
- Accomplish goals and control outcomes when dealing with staff, peers, management and other departments
- Learn how to work with groups and teams to solve problems and accomplish projects
- Hold performance discussions that result in changed behavior and enhanced productivity
- Analyze your own style of behavior and recognize your strengths/weaknesses
Course Duration: 2 days
- How to empower yourself and your staff
- What leadership is from the supervisor’s point of view
- How to build credibility and trust
- Analyzing effective listening processes and skills
- Learning participative leader skills and techniques
- The three steps of the continuous performance appraisal process
- Coaching, mentoring and how to give constructive feedback
- Decision-making tools for effective leadership
- How to apply problem solving techniques to solve actual problems
- Teams vs. Work groups: learning to lead and build personal effectiveness
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings