This Creative Problem Solving training course is designed to challenge you to think through common and less common problems using a structured problem-solving process in order to generate new and original solutions. The course will provide you with the knowledge, tools and techniques to be better at solving problems effectively and efficiently.
The course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant and the participants, role-plays, playback of videos, performances and individual and group feedback.
Each attendee who will complete this training will gain the following outcomes:-
- Build and expand decision making, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions.
- Use traditional and creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions.
- Employ creativity and lateral thinking as business tools.
- Analyze and solve actual problems facing them at work.
- Gain confidence in asking the ‘right questions’ and overcoming the stress of making complex decisions.
- Demonstrate and build credibility with upper management.
- Develop strategic approaches to problem solving and decision making.
Who should attend?
This course is beneficial for like senior managers, managers, supervisors, superintendent, team leaders and other personnel.
Training Duration: 1 (One) day/ (6 hours/day)
The following program is planned for this training. However, the instructor(s) may modify this program before or during the training for technical reasons with no prior notice to the delegates. Nevertheless, the training objectives will always be met:
|08:30 – 09:00||Registration & Coffee|
|09:30 – 10:30||Problem solving and decision making· The link between problem solving and decision making
· Identifying our own mind traps
· The principle of organizing our thinking about problems
|10:30 – 10:45||Decision making supplementary tools· Being decisive and principles of decision making
· Consensus decision making
· The decision making process
|10:45 – 11:45||Creativity and Problem solving· Assessment of creativity and ways to think creatively
· Lateral thinking tips
· Creativity and its use as a business tool
· Barriers to creativity and ways to overcome them
|11:45 – 12:45||Video Presentaion|
|12:45 – 01:30||Problem analysis supplementary tools· Root cause analysis
· The importance of the ‘why’ question
· The agile critical thinking framework
|01:30 – 02:10||Lunch|
|02:10 – 02:40||The rational approach to problem solving· Techniques of recognizing problems
· Difference between causes and symptoms
· Problem analysis
· Decision analysis
· Potential problem analysis
|02:40 – 02:55||Role Play|
|02:55 – 03:30||Q&A Session|
|03:30 – 03:45||Training Summary|
|03:45 – 04:00||Giving of Training Certificate Completion|
|04:00||End of the Course|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.