About the Course
The sales manager plays a vital role in any organization. They must attain the sales targets, which directly relate to the achievement of the ‘bottom line’ for the company. However, to be able to do this, they must manage their team to produce top results. There is a great deal involved in bringing the best out of your team and keeping them motivated to achieve and exceed the targets – again and again!
Who Should Attend?
This practical course is primarily aimed at newly appointed, or relatively inexperienced sales managers. The course will give them the opportunity to develop their skills and competencies to manage their teams more effectively.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage your team to achieve the desired sales results
- Know how to get the best from your people
- Be aware of the useful sales management tools for measuring performance
- Gain many practical tips for sales management success
Course Duration: 2 days
- Setting smart(er) objectives & sales plans
- Managing & leading your team
- The role of a sales manager
- Management by example
- Different leadership styles
- Setting standard guidelines
- Communicating with your team
- Managing conflict within a team
- Dealing with ‘ego’ in sales teams
- The sales process
- Understanding what makes a good salesperson
- assessing your team’s strengths & weaknesses
- The four areas of knowledge needed to be successful in sales
- Measuring performance – sales management performance tools
- Setting sales targets
- Assessing your team’s performance
- Using reports as a tool
- Motivating your sales team
- Positive motivation
- Understanding demotivation
- Focusing on productivity
- Developing a ‘high productivity’ environment
- Developing the key skills in your sales team
- Developing individuals
- Constructive feedback
- Performance appraisals
- How to sustain high performance
- Recognizing & rewarding your team
- Using more than just salary to motivate
- Ensuring the best relationships with your clients
- Building long-term relationships
- Customer retention model
- Personal checklist for successful sales management performance
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings