About the Course
This course is elementary. It aims at helping individuals learn and use an approximate number of 1000 new words, terms and phrases in a variety of fields. The training material is both written and audio-visual.
Who Should Attend?
- University individuals majoring in English literature or translation
- Any qualified person interested in translation and vocabulary building
By the end of this course you will be able to achieve the following:
- Knowledge & Understanding: You will be aware of the main principles of translation from English into Arabic and vice versa.
- Cognitive Skills (Thinking & Analysis):You should be able to recognize and analyze the main rules of translation in order to use them.
- Communicative Skills (Personal and Academic): You should be able to apply their knowledge of using different translation rules in translating different contexts.
- Practical and Subject Specific Skills (Transferable Skills): You should be able to translate texts taking into consideration their contexts as the translating process ought to stay open for different sound contextualization of the same proposition.
Course Duration: 10 days
Establish a solid ground in general non-specialized translation and build a good language repertoire.
Topics to be covered
|Day 1||Exercises on vocabulary related to various fields (1)|
|Day 2||Exercises on vocabulary related to various fields (2)|
|Day 3||Giving photos and short paragraphs and commenting on or rephrasing them|
|Day 4||Methodology of memorising and easily recalling|
|Day 5||Time management and mental processing|
|Day 6||First TestDiscussion of test results|
|Day 7||Special linguistic differences between Arabic and English|
|Day 8||Arabic and English collocations in parallel|
|Day 9||Translate with the impression of an author|
|Day 10||Second TestDiscussion of test results|
Material given during the training: Compiled translated material related to the course
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings