About the Course
Introduction of basic characteristics of legal texts and legal constructions, laws and bylaws, official documents, commercial contracts, etc…
Who Should Attend?
- University individuals majoring in English literature or translation, particularly freshmen and sophomores
- Any qualified person interested in translation, especially those interested in developing their translation skills in legal contexts
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- absorb and do translation of legal documents
- use the professional and ethical standards required for professional translators
- demonstrate proficiency in utilising legal sources that could assist you in translating legal documents
Course Duration: 12 days
Topics to be covered
|Day 1||Introduction of legal translation and its contexts (easy vs. difficult legal translation)|
|Day 2||Translating general texts vs. legal simple texts|
|Day 3||Technical and medical texts in legal contexts|
|Day 4||Translation of legal forms|
|Day 5||Time management and mental processing|
|Day 6||First TestDiscussion of test results|
|Day 7||Translation of contracts/ agreements (1)|
|Day 8||Translation of contracts/ agreements (2)|
|Day 9||Translation of MoA & AOA (1)|
|Day 10||Translation of MoA & AOA (2)|
|Day 11||Translation of MoA & AOA (3)|
|Day 12||Second TestDiscussion of test results|
Before the course Material given during the training: Compiled translated material related to the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,500.00 which includes – training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings