About the Course
This course is designed to improve the quality of Arabic to English and English to Arabic translation. Emphasis is on the practice of translating English to Arabic in a variety of styles.
Who Should Attend?
- Any qualified person interested in developing their career in translation
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- demonstrate usage and understanding of the processes involved in translating
- demonstrate the capability and competency in translating documents between English and Arabic
- outline the professional and ethical standards required for professional translators
- demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of different translation tools used in the field (such as dictionaries, software, internet search, etc…)
Course Duration: 10 days
Topics to be covered
|Day 1||Introduction of the concept of translation|
|Day 2||What is expected of a good translator: understanding concepts in the original document; good command of the source and target language; good writing skills; have a “sixth” sense; be an “ideal reader” (know how to read between the lines); know where to find good reference material; ask questions; know his limitations.|
|Day 3||Steps prior to the actual translation process: reading of original text; detection of potential problems in the text to be translated; search of a parallel text in the target language; compilation of glossary before translating; identification of acronyms, numbers, measurements, metaphors, etc., to be translated; register to be used in the translation.|
|Day 5||Time management and mental processing|
|Day 6||First TestDiscussion of test results|
|Day 10||Second TestDiscussion of test results|
Spaces available on the following dates:
Material given during the training: Compiled translated material related to the course
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,500.00 which includes – training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings