About the Course
This advanced course has been designed to improve your business writing skills. You will practise writing a variety of formal business correspondence, as well as enhancing your accuracy and written fluency skills. This course is an excellent way to ensure you lead the way and set an example for others to follow.
Who Should Attend?
Confident writers, who need to be able to express their ideas even more clearly and effectively, to an advanced standard in English, Whether you are summarising reports to present key information to senior management, or writing to your key customers, this is the course for you! Participants should already have a very good comprehension of Business English, and ideally have completed our Influential Correspondence Writing
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Confidence in writing to an advanced level
- The ability to write different types of emails and letters to suit the appropriate purpose
- An in-depth understanding of what essential information to include in Business Writing
- Accuracy and fluency in your written communication
Course Duration: 1 day
- The impact of poor communication on business
- The seven ‘c’s of written communication
- The inverted pyramid style of writing
- Delivering the key message
- Stating the purpose, using the four ‘i’s (inform, interpret, instruct, influence)
- Making negative news sound better
- Using positive word-power
- Language types
- Using the right words to suit your audience
- Vhf frequency words (visual, hearing, feeling)
- Summarizing skills & extracting the key information
- Putting it into practice – some example modules
- Writing a letter of complaint
- Responding to customer complaint letters / emails
- Financial collection letters
- How to write covering letters for job applications
- Making requests
- Giving advice
- Sending, accepting & declining invitations
- Sending confirmations & polite reminders
- Advanced proofreading skills
- ‘the fog factor’
- ‘cloze’ testing
- End of course assessment & feedback session
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||14th February 2014|
|Date:||24th April 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 1,055.00 which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings