About the Course
This course includes writing procedures to translate policy into ‘action’, and techniques for ensuring that policies and procedures are accepted by those who use them. In addition, consultation and communication strategies will be addressed. The course gives delegates a framework for developing and documenting operational policies and procedures that apply to a wide range of situations. The course is experiential in nature, using real life scenarios and case studies. Delegates will be given models and checklists for future use and reference.
Who Should Attend?
All staff who are responsible for writing policies and procedures, as part of their job, will benefit from this course. You will learn how to set up the framework and systems necessary to write clear and effective policies and procedures. The course will offer templates, exercises, and plenty of brainstorming, to help you write your policies and procedures. It will also help you to apply writing processes and editing checklists to your policies and procedures, enabling you to feel confident you are producing top quality documents.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Get an appreciation of the need for establishing new policies and procedures, as well as reviewing and revising existing ones
- Clearly understand the principles, guidelines, formats and writing styles of effective policies and procedures
- Have a simple framework to use to ensure a consistent approach is used for all policies and procedures
- Receive a practical experience in writing policies and procedures
- Understand policy and procedure implementation techniques, including communication and training strategies
Course Duration: 2 days
- Policies & procedures Definition
- Why do we need them & what are the benefits of having them?
- How policies & procedures flow from an organization’s basic values
- When do you need a policy or procedure?
- How policies & procedures relate to both internal & external customers
- Types of policies & procedures: board policies, management policies, hr policies, etc.
- Steps to create policies & procedures using a simple framework
- Simple writing techniques
- Formats for policies & procedures
- Developing procedures
- Reasons for writing a procedure
- Who should assist when writing a procedure?
- Benefits of writing a procedure as a team
- Using flow-charts for writing policies & procedures
- Testing policies & procedures
- Preparing a policies & procedures manual
- Physical design considerations
- Introduction page
- Table of contents
- Policies & procedures
- Optional sections
- Implementing policies & procedures
- Notifying users
- Achieving compliance
- Updates & changes
- Policy & procedure checklist
- Transferring learning to the workplace
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||19th – 20th February 2014|
|Date:||16th – 17th March 2014|
|Date:||6th– 7th April 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,110.00 which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings