About the Course
This one-day course is the ideal way to learn the skills of writing a clear and accurate minutes. ‘Action Minutes’ summarize the key issues that appeared on the agenda, and state clearly what was actually decided during the meeting. They identify the responsibilities of each person for future action and the required timescale.
Who Should Attend?
This course has been developed to target all staff responsible for preparing minutes as part of their job including but not limited to secretaries and reporters. Concise, well-drafted minutes can be a valuable tool to help the management to make clear decisions that meet their business objectives.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- present well-drafted minutes, that are a concise and accurate record of decisions taken
- develop your organization which will save time, as staff will be able to quickly absorb and understand the information provided, without missing any vital details
- avoid any confusion about who was nominated to undertake particular actions, and the timescales required for action
- use a template, so that minutes look consistent every time
- give a highly professional look to the minutes you prepare
Course Duration: 2 days
- How to have effective & efficient meetings
- The minute taker
- Three essential meeting stages for the minute taker
- Writing an agenda
- How to prepare an effective, workable agenda
- Structuring minutes using a template:
- Presentation of the minutes
- Reported speech – how to put it into ‘minute form’
- Using ‘action minutes’ to identify nominated staff & time scales
- Note-taking during meetings & using shorthand
- Using abbreviations – when & when not to use
Spaces available on the following dates:
|Date:||24th – 25th May 2014|
|Date:||18th – 19th June 2014|
Material given during the training: [DVD’s and Case Studies will be used during this course to illustrate examples of good and bad change implementation processes].
Before the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
AED 2,110.00 which includes – Training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings